PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Orlando Flight Training
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2006, 01:41
Brian304

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OFT training

I currently only just finished training over in OFT. I thought that the instructors and facilities there are top class. But they do try and get you to hand as much money as they can from you. They increased the prices when I was halfway through my PPL, which was quite a pain in the ass. But even the BCAU students there which was a big bunch with cabair doing there degree was fed up with OFT taking all there money. Even one of my friends that I studied with over there with, he's now changed to oxford instead of cabair because of that. Its lucky I had some extra money with me. But be careful with the small writing. The flying availability is good over there, the instructors, the crew, even the CFI andrew is a real cool guy, any questions just ask him, he'll always be happy to help. Also moreg the dispatcher is a real nice person aswell dispatching the planes. I personlly wouldn't want to return there because they try and ripp you off by taking more money and changing prices halfway, also by not keeping to there advertised price, but with so many friendly crew and people there, i'm happy to go back. The accomodation is great aswell, but becareful theres always thunderstorms in the afternoon everyday, but apart from that the flying weather is always very good. But just renemeber to bring more money, cause you'll really definetaly need it. But overall the the fleet and crew is very good, even though i got restricted on my building hours without going into class B airspace cause I didn't have an FAA restricted PPL straight after I got my license. But its good there you can go and visit the mouse in disneyworld which is fun, and also nice good restraunts there. Anyway i'll be back there next summer for my JAA ME CPL anyway. So hope to see anyone who is going there soon anyway, don't hesitate to contact me.

BRI ^^