PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 3
Thread: Ryanair - 3
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2006, 22:38
Hew Jaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it would be a disaster. MOL stated today that he would "improve EI services" - the man certainly has a sense of humour..! He can't do too much more to reduce the existing services he provides on FR.

He has no regard for staff, and even less for customers. They are a mere inconvenience, but must be taken as a means to an end in order to line his already deep pockets.

Whilst EI has had to reduce costs/prices, and many changes have taken place, they at least appear to offer a service, and their staff seem to be more content than then counterparts.

It's very unlikely that FR are going to be interested in LHR - sell the slots - thus more revenue. Let FR "service" the European routes, until finally, the EI brand has disappeared.

FR have a policy of generally flying to smaller airports; I would see it as unlikely that FR would commence flying to the major airports even if as an attempt to knock EI off some of the routes. The deals already in place at the smaller airports would not be available. Increased charges, thus higher fares, etc, not FR style. (Anyway, he probably wouldn't get the same satisfaction in abandoning pax at a major airport where alternatives may be available . Much more fun to cx a flight from an airport that has very little on offer, never mind the next available flight being a week later).

Interesting though, his approach to the competition authority - he has for a long time made reference that through competition, he has managed to lower airfares and made airtravel possible for many people. However, in buying EI, competition will ultimately be reduced! And that can only mean an increase in airfares!!

Whilst the unions will likely put up a fight, EI could be wiped out - anyone remember BUZZ?

No, I have flown with both carriers, and I do like to be able to choose whether to be treated with some dignity, or alternatively, be treated as though I'm getting on a cattle truck to be dropped in the middle of nowhere, miles from my destination.