PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA - Common Issues
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2006, 21:22
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Carnage Matey!
Dunno what its like down at 'University Challenge' Gatwick but that certainly isn't the case at LHR. If it were then they'd have worked out that you can't keep taking far more days off sick than other UK cabin crew without expecting the management to do something about it.
I think we're talking two different languages here.

I am not talking about people throwing a sickie every now and then (or more often) because they do not want to fly to that destination or because they have a long duty or just because they had too much to drink.
I am talking about how long it actually takes to heal from some bug that affects your ears for example.

This EG300 policy is affecting not only crew at university gatwick, but also their majesty the flight crew. So many of them are in the process, most of them on stage 1, many on stage 2 and I think it's only one on stage 3.
You do not need a Doctorate to realise that this policy is not to "support crew who are genuinely sick" but to save BA a few pounds, even at the cost of harassing the crew member.

On my interview that ugly lady kept bringing up an episode that had happened a year before and had been discounted, and although I kept asking her to stop reminding me of it as it hurt me, she kept going on, making mr FBW really angry and making a fool fo herself as well. What had happened in the past had to be left in the past, we had already dicussed that and it was discounted. Full stop.

By the way, if you call in sick because you've had vomiting/diarrohea BA will discount the first 48 hours as FCO vol 2a says that for health and safety reasons you cannot fly after dealing with this stuff. Great news for people who have a bit too much to drink on saturday night then!
And the same thing should apply when pax hand you a bag full of sick or a dirty nappy then........

They want to play hard....we'll play their same game, exploiting those same rules that they have stupidly made for themselves.