PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 3
Thread: Ryanair - 3
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2006, 18:51
brian_dromey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was looking at the RTE coverage of this mornings press confrence. MOL was dressed up, and his tone and use of language were totally different to what we usually see. I honestly think that this could be more than a stunt. I reckon hes willing to pay 3.00-3.20 for the company, which I think is roughly 1.5 billion?

To be honest its a cheap way to buy one of the most respected brands in aviation, and a shoe-in for the american market, cant US domestic routes could be operated under the open-skies? Even EIs cost base looks seriously low compared to the US carriers. I think MOL is playing a seriously strategic game here, long-haul is definately a key part of that. EI is definately a better brand to launch long haul with than FR, and even outside Europe and the US, EI is reasonably well known.

Threre are defiantely challenges though, fleet and staff being the major two. I think that the staff will be OK, as there will be so much expansion that effencies will be brought in by not expanding the head count to the same degree, increased flexability etc. Twill be an AF/KL style thing. Two airlines, two missions, two fleets. MOL will be the proud parent, breathing down the knecks of his two children, demanding they out-perform each-other and everyone else in the class!