PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA - Common Issues
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2006, 18:17
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by marlowe
No but it should be! things that are going on in BACON could well affect you sooner than you think.
Marlowe I am sad that you feel that way about my words. I specifically said "two or more companies" because I was referring not just to LHR&LGW but to other bases as well - although they are closing down most of them, look at MAN and GLA....

BAConnect are a fully owned subsidiary, and I do not want to sound rude or anything (believe me, *those* explicit and implicit discriminations that unfortunately make us at LGW very sad are far from being part of my character) and when I referred to LHR and LGW I also specifically meant new recruits needing proper advice - I am more than sure that recruiting and training at BAConnect, including contractual T&C are somewhat different from LHR and indeed LGW.
But I opened" this thread to discuss common issues to all BA employees, whether belonging to mainline, subsidiaries, or even franchisees I do not really care. The more we are the merrier.
At the end of the day as an example the club service in SH mainline is the same in GB etc and we might have the same issues we want to discuss!

So please do not react like that - I only know too well how it feels to feel the way you probably felt (now make a smile for me, pleeeeeease!!!)

FBW

PS:Sarah....I have had an ARI and took my better half in with me who wrote down, word by word, all what the lady who wanted to offer me "support" said.....it's all crap I can assure you. She agreed with me (I would say she agreed with herself) an "improvement plan" which basically was "You cannot be sick anymore for the next 12 months. If you are, then you'll be in the " Mr FBW was beside himself and has been actively trying to shake things since then (with little success unfortunately!)
Considering that I am one of those who's never been late, always did the company favours when practically and safely possible, save their a*se in many situations including during very critical periods like 7/7 bombings etc etc, I couldn't stand the fact that they made me feel like a really bad employee for catching bugs from passengers and crew scared of EG300 alike. Not considering having to stand at the back of the 737 with doors open during refuelling "enjoying" the lovely british weather, turnaround after turnaround!! (by the way, health&safety act-1974 I think but not sure-will work for us too from now on, but only while in the UK...we'll see who is going to be in the ...)
So I asked Jackie the "supporter" if she wanted to review my whole attendance history since it is an Attendance Review Interview and asked her to get my file and start reading it, but she pretended not to listen. Let's just say I sent letters to my PM, her manager and Suzanne Stass....surprise surprise still waiting for a reply but at least it's all black on white.

That day, with all my heart I said to Mr FBW: "I cannot take this anymore, either you get me preggers soon, or I will leave BA!"

Last edited by flybywire; 5th Oct 2006 at 18:30.