PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ppl studying
Thread: ppl studying
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2006, 18:12
RudeNot2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ace - As Jon has mentioned whichever books you have read, re-read them and satisfy yourself that you can answer the questions at the end of each section. Some people prefer Pratt others Thom. I picked both sets up on fleebay as they were cheap enough - watch regarding airlaw though as things can and do change..!!! As far as I am aware there is no "sectional" breakdown of the exams and subjects are covered in the books as authors see fit - any part of the subject matter may be examined.

I have taken and passed four exams so far with resultant percentages increasing - whether or not it is my understanding of the subjects or if I have spent more time reading I don't know..

The Confuser is great for checking your progress in understanding as is Airquiz (on-line testing) but do not rely on them as pointers for the actual exams - Prior to taking the comms written, i took the Airquiz version and failed miserably with about 45% - the actual paper I took 20 mins later I got 93%!!!

The order I have done them in is as follows

Airlaw
HPL
Aircraft Gen
Comms (written)

Met will be next followed by Nav and then finally the RT oral.

I have approx. 24 hrs flying and am determined not to make the same mistake as some by leaving the exams until the last minute.

Any queries - you are in the best place to ask