PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type Rating - which type, where, why pay etc?
Old 5th Oct 2006, 16:18
dartagnan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the hours they give you in the USA are the minimum time by law...usually you don't pass a check ride with 20hours sim(10hours in reality) , when in Europe they ask for 60-70h.

FAA t/ rating are not recognized in Europe, and you will have to spend some money here in a sim to get a JAA type rating(plus you need the line training). I don't think you save lot of money if you go to the USA...and you have to deal with the TSA, DHS, fingerprints, Visa,...are they M1 visa approved? TSA accepts only M1 or J1 visa and B1 when ICE accept only M1 orJ1 (call the TSA and get your clearance and visa BEFORE paying anything).

as for the Cpat prg, 360$ is the normal price, so they do not offer you anything.
Remark like this, make me feel that I should stay away from this organisation.

have they placed pilots, do they help you to get a paid job(not eaglejet).Hidden fee? do they really do what they say? I doubt!

at this time there are no visa for type rating in the USA. Even Flight Safety is not M1 approved .
Students going to the USA on a tourist visa or visa waiver take the risk to be deported as ICE does'nt recognize the B2 or visa waiver for t-rating.Ask your US embassy for clarification.

Last edited by dartagnan; 13th Nov 2006 at 21:53.