PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What would we do for entertainment without Ryanair?
Old 5th Oct 2006, 11:58
Three Mile Final

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snoop

I find it quite staggering , not only that Ryanair want to pursue such an insignificant issue by spending good money but that they feel there is any likelihood of winning the litigtaion they obviouly threaten.

For somebody to be succesfully accused of making illegal or wrongful use of a trade mark, it would first have to be proven that they set out to deliberately misrepresent and to profit in some way by that misrepresentation etc.

However they do not appear to be doing any of that and are clearly only using something in the public domain.

Would Ryanair have any real possibility of sueing a newspapper for wrongful or inappropraite use of the Ryanair trademarks if they published a picture of an aircraft to illustrate a story ? I think not. I do not think IALPA have much to fear either ... other than a malicious law suit which would cost time, trouble and lots of money to defend. That s the only place the abuse of corporate power and funds could take this.

Can only think somebody in Ryanmair has nothing better to do and so perhaps that department should be slimmed down.

TMF