PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When Nature Calls??
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2006, 10:15
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by the dean
tcr 1016...

i had a friend ..used to do long flights in an aztec. he used a rubber hot water bottle...and then on those cold nights..put it under his feet to warm them..!!..afterburner of a different kind...!!

for the other...no cure...just do'nt eat the wrong food before a long flight...but if u gotta go ...u gotta go and if you have passengers you'll all have to share the experience...!!

confabulous....

not unusual for a C172 to be over 10,000....the ceiling is much higher but you have to watch out for signs of oxygen narcosis.i had one with the new diesel engine at FL140 for 40 minutes on a 170 mile trip recently. i had 600/700 ft/min for most of the climb but then there is a turbocharger in that kit. got a bad headache and had come back to FL100...but they will go there without JATO.. ...best to have a friend so you can watch each other...but i am not suggesting you should fly above 10,000 as a regular thing without oxygen..

burn jet A1...!!!

dean.
My 172 spends most of it's life well above 10,000 I generally fly everywhere around FL140-FL150 allthough it will go (and has) to FL170 without problem.

I get the best fuel economy and TAS up there and it gets me above most of the weather.

I have O2 of course.

I have one of those portable "John" things with the gel in it but have never needed to use it. The aircraft range is 6hrs at those levels but my attention span is not that long so I tend to go in 4hr legs. I am still young enough to be able to hold my bladder and bowl for that long!

And there is no such thing as Oxygen Narcosis, Nitrogen Narcosis which is a result of increased PN2 not reduced. You mean Hypoxia.....