PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Revised Bristol/Cardiff airspace/SIDs/STARs
Old 5th Oct 2006, 10:03
Rev Thrust

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check your CAP413s, guys... I think you'll find the answer in there, Chapter 3, para 1.2 (Level Instructions), particularly para 1.2.3 (I'm looking at printout of Edition 14, which is Sep 04, so I'm hoping it's not changed... I do have a current edition, but only in electronic form, and I don't have that to hand right now)

Anyway - the implication of that section is that ATC will ALWAYS request your LEVEL when getting you to 'level report' - it's down to us, the pilot, to readback what we're at correctly - remembering 'ALTITUDE' or 'FLIGHT LEVEL' as appropriate to the situation and, if necessary, our earlier clearance.

Thanks to ATCOJ30 for his frank explanation of what happened with the SIDs & STARS involving HON... I just knew it would turn out not to be a Bristol ballsup, but instead, the heavy dead hand of the higher-ups at the CAA! Ain't it always the way!

I have no personal desire to visit BADIM that often either, but really was more concerned about the self-defeating workload level issues, if vectors are used. But as you've explained, it's not THAT big a deal, presumably cos there is so much time/loadsaving elsewhere in the system now.

Would be interested to know how things are progressing re 'the Bath Gap' and whether that particular nightmare has turned out better for you now, as planned?