PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG Ples Bilong Tok Tok
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2006, 06:51
Pinky the pilot
Man Bilong Balus long PNG

Location: Looking forward to returning to Japan soon but in the meantime continuing the never ending search for a bad bottle of Red!
Received 102 Likes on 59 Posts
Devil

I note that someone has enquired into the living conditions in Lae in another thread and had to smile at a post that Chuckles made. (#11)
Which in turn made me remember of some of the other stories of incidents of general mayhem comitted by Talair/Douglas/any other company in PNG/ Pilots.

I can remember the time when taking my newly acquired S&W Pistol to the Firearms Dept. to be registered and was told by the Officer doing the paperwork that I would not be (legally) able to also use it as part of my survival (read personal protection) gear. When I asked why not he told me that.....'not so long ago it was permitted but then one day some Talair Pilots were very naughty and started having target practice from a balcony of one of their houses.'

The story got very interesting after that! How I managed to keep a straight face and not start ******* myself laughing is something I still wonder about!