PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What to do after Emirates?????
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2006, 06:11
OzyOS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Evita,

I was Cabin Crew for nearly 5 years back in Australia and decided to leave to move to another country....and teach english, thinking the grass would be greener. Would you believe now, 2 1/2 years later all I can think about is returning to the sky! (and will be starting with EK shortly).

Its a big career change as there is no other job like flying (which works perfect if you truely dislike it)....but personally the grass wasnt greener and teaching wasnt for me.

The plus to teaching english (in Asia, that is) is that it pays very well (better than a qualified teacher back in Aus) and you dont need any formal qualifications....except to be of caucasion appearence and Native English speaker (I know, very racist, but thats how it works out here unfortunately ). Companies here will also sponsor you to live and work and you will make loads of friends easily as there is a wonderful expat community here.

If you do have a degree in any field (with the above req) you can possibly gain a better teaching job in Asia that pays amazing money. You can find out work/information on www.asiaxpat.com (great place to get a feel for living in asia, which is a lot of fun).

Otherwise look into going back to school part/full time or online. Its a tough decision, but keep researching your options and what is out there in the world, then go for it! I love living abroad and like you want to make it last for as long as possible!

Best of luck!

Cheers