PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Regulatory Reform Program will drift along forever
Old 5th Oct 2006, 05:47
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bob Murphie
I too have read that speech and whilst I am not of his political persuasion I have an abiding regard for his intelectual rigour and humanity. It is a great pity that his colleagues and those from the other side of the house were themselves so well equipped.

Parliament USED to be stimulating listening, for the oratory as well as education, it is oftentimes now a poor french farce with not even passable rhetoric and the predictably he said she said routines.

It used to be that the Public Service WAS led from the top down and there was a mutual respect between them and Government.

Having said that I find it difficult to now see any "politicisation" of CASA or Airservices. The evidence suggests that they are very much their own man, so to speak.

bushy

I agree with almost eveything you say about the process. That must be changed.
But I am also cognisant of the HUGE cultural changes that have taken place to AND from in the organisation which might have left some marks of confusion and seriously clogged up with change upon change.

When I get to be President of the Republic ,my first decree will be that Governement cannot enact ANYMORE legislation or regulation without first repealing an existing one. The second would be to pay em what they were earning before election but not more, gaurantee reemployment and limit a politicians term in office to a total of 2 Parliaments.

And yes it would be good if we did have "freedom of the press" and "freedom of speech".

The defamation laws we inherited from our "betters" gaurantee the truth will never be told about matters that are pivotal to our health and safety.