PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Regulatory Reform Program will drift along forever
Old 5th Oct 2006, 03:03
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
roturb

I think it was you that observed that whilst there is much on which we might agree you were the pessimist and I the optimist. I suspect that is still the case. Lets keep walking the walk and talking the talk eh.

Cranky fairly accurately invokes Groundhog Day, which in the context of the last 10 or 15 years is IMHO not a bad thing.
It may have been un unfortunate waste of resorces and a huge waste of money, and we cant change that, but if we are coming back towards something that was known to work that is not a bad thing. Mr Leroy Keith was going in exactly the right direction at the time and had around him some very experienced pros, most of whom would perhaps by now be retired or simply gave up.

At least now there is a chance that the real professionals will be allowed to do their thing unmolested.

I'm with Creampuff most of the way except we may diverge on the "unaccountability" and "cause"
I would take the softer view that their equally significant contribution to the process has been derailed in the past.

How demoralising is it when having been sent off in one direction to apply your not insignificant skills and nearly getting there are stopped, lets say for base political reasons, and sent off in an entirely different direction. You might not like it but as a public servant you have no choice.

And how can you then be held accountable.

Torres what are you smoking, you know precisely the answer to your question. You also know why the well remunerated PS executive and often times the Minister is powerless. Given the pressure and atmosphere in which they have been working in the past, whatever they have been paid is IMHO not nearly enough.

It's all been done before, the Gordian Knot can be cut very simply.
"find 'FAA' and replace with 'CASA'" on the FAA regs would be good start.
There are good men there now the industry needs to show the same goodwill and their good men, it's not hard.