PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blue Streak Silo Discovered?
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2006, 22:36
Windy Militant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Nicholas,
I'll have to have a dig about but I seem to recall reading somewhere That RAF Upavon had been selected for the first operational K11 Site. There's also apparently a model of the SILO design at the Science Museum at Wroughton, which I've not seen on any of the tours I've made over the years.

I've also remembered that one of my Mothers neighbours was an engineer with BOC before he retired. Once while sampling his home brew he mentioned to me that he was involved with the removal of the LOX plant at Spadeadam or rather he was in charge of the site it was being moved to. However he did make a site visit to check on some details. Apparently coincidental to his visit there was a team of American engineers removing components from the test stands and crating them up for shipment to the USA. He apparently remarked to one of the British engineers that this was a bit strange as all the comments in the press seemed to be that the project was a flop and not really worth the effort. The reply was along the lines of that was the official line, but they (at this he made a gesture with his thumb over his shoulder towards the pile of crates) knew better.
I should have listened more and drunk less I reckon.