PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 2
Thread: BRISTOL - 2
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2006, 21:23
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
airvanman

I have some cine film of the first Odyssey International landing at BRS from Toronto on 9 May 1989. It was a Boeing 757. I also filmed it taking off to return to Canada via NCL.

My note with the film says the aircraft was 'booked solid' until the middle of June (it was to be a weekly flight) and, although it routed outbound via NCL because of the runway at BRS, my note continues that most of the bookings were from BRS.

On the apron at the same time as the Odyssey were a Capital Air Short 360, a Hispania B 737/300 and a Dan Air HS 748. As I panned the apron to get this shot a Paramount MD 83 can be seen taking off in the background.

The sad thing is that all these airlines had ceased to operate within the next two years.

Morrihell

Yes, these things have been mentioned on here. Good news to get the Arann back to 6 x weekly to ORK.

A report in the Evening Post today quotes an airport spokesman saying the A 320 operating the first BA scheduled flight to TFS yesterday was full and forward bookings are very strong.