PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI and an Unaccompanied minor problem
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2006, 18:40
spiritedamerican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry idiots incorporated

It is obvious that most of you do not have one clue about real life, or you might show an ounce of empathy! In this day and time, families live in separate countries and long-haul flights for minors are necessary in certain instances. In this particular situation, there were extenuating circumstances that prevented the booking of the entire trip all at one time. HOWEVER, ALL the flights were linked via reference numbers and I was told that was all that was required...by the airlines, since I booked the tickets myself DIRECTLY with the airlines. ALL UM fees were paid for EVERY leg of the journey. As one of the parents involved, I can tell you that I took every precaution to make sure that my daughter would be looked after. Yes, I waited at the airport until the plane left! The problem here is that...like some of you...the airlines just don't care...and THAT is why they get sued, and why they should pay! She was given a camping bed to sleep on in the airport, and the idiots who were supposed to be watching her were so busy playing that they kept her awake with their raucous shrieks and laughter. Just reeks of responsibility, don't you think?

Sure...you could say that they did their duty because she eventually got to where she was supposed to be going, but why even have the need to watch her overnight when she actually could have been sent on a later flight...and with only a minor amount of adjustment, would have seen her to her destination that very night?! The main issue here is that no one cares. If an airline is not going to do all it can to look after a UM by getting them to their intended destination ASAP, then they should NOT take them in the first place! And yes, it is their responsibility to notify the parent if their child is going to be made to sleep in an airport overnight when that was not part of the schedule!

So...those of you who must work for BMI as you share the same attitude, it is NOT the parents who are at fault here. I paid a LOT of money to make sure that my daughter would be looked after and made a priority. She was not! And...can someone please explain to me how it is that a BMI employee would not know how to call a UK mobile from the States?!!!