PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 4
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 4
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2006, 17:37
JKP505

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by transwede
Looks like NCL's hope of getting a GSM base/operation have been dashed as they are due to start flights from MME to various european hotspots. surely GSM will now not consider NCL, even for long haul ops if an operation has been established at MME.
Gutted, was hoping for GSM 767 to fill NCL's crowded ramp space. I'm not fancying the thought of Ryanair taking over NCL.
Don't really think it matters that GSM are going to MME rather than NCL, at the end of the day, GSM do nothing more than what EZY / LS / TOM do anyway. Just because GSM are going to MME for short haul doesn't mean they'll go there for long haul. Plus, I would be delighted if FR came to NCL, fair enough, their routes (generally) aren't great for business, but I got a rtn to DUB for next to nothing.

Originally Posted by Jamesair
Is there likely to be anything new for NCL from Flybe when it makes the rest of its summer 07 announcements? Surely there must be more than one weekly flight to Jersey next year and perhaps a route to France.
Keep an eye out, EGC, BOD, BES and NWI. Heard they may be interested, but they are having issues with suitable a/c, and they have some ground issues at NCL - not happy with something, don't know what yet. Also heard that check-in concourse is causing a lot of problems with the projections for next year. NCL is going to have to get some check-in desks somewhere, at busy times there just isn't enough. For example some charters have been down to two per a/c, whilst TOM has had four for three a/c sometimes.

Considering thre isn't even enough groundspace, don't hold the breath on expansion! The airport surely must have considered all of this before now, otherwise they may be in the wrong line of work.