PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gnat / Hunter formation pics---and 1953
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2006, 15:44
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 120 Likes on 87 Posts
Gnat / Hunter formation pics---and 1953

Clearing the family house and amazed at what I find. I originally posted this on the Mil site, but no response other than one person with whom I am in touch. So. I found seven b/w shots taken of the Gnat / Hunter formation at Valley c 71 / 72 --I think ?. Two show the Gnat line on the day--the rest ar air to air showing the formation and one shows Gnats taxying.

I also found a copy of the Great Events of the Year 1953---included in which are various shots of the Comet,Swift and Hunter, a shot of the review at Odiham ( 318 aircraft and 3000 personnel on parade ! ) another showing a line of Canberra's at LHR---still a construction site then and nothing has changed I know---plus a Tudor ? and a Comet. There is also a shot of the winning crew, the event in question being the England -New Zealand Air Race.

These shots may well be of interest to some here---there again, they may not of course. However, assuming they are and for general interest, would anybody be able to copy and post them at all please. I can't and I certainly couldn't take the ones from the book---however, others here may well have the expertise.

I also found a BEA holiday booklet---complete with pics of the fleet----inc Comet, Vanguard and--Herald. Plus an advert for Rothmans being offered by a Captain-----times have changed somewhat!.