PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA - Common Issues
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2006, 12:16
Flying_Sarah747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's exactly what I said in the LHR post flybywire! I totally agree with your anger and frustration!

I don't understand how the unions can help us if BA can change things like this at a drop of a hat, without consulting us and getting permission from the unions. I don't understand the point of the union? Ok, so a strike is one option we've got, but since BA seem to be allowed to change everything without consulting the unions, then are we gonna have to strike over everything to get what we want? It's not feasible and we wouldn't have a job anymore if it came down to that, so what I'm trying to say here and over in the LHR post is how can the unions really help us when BA just go ahead and do whatever they like anyway!?!?!?! I'm very worried, I must say.

Another thing...What actually happens in these ARI's??? I've not had the pleasure of having one!What happens if it is conducted in your absense? Is that a bad thing? Surely the same outcome will be achieved whether you're there or not, that being you're put into phase one of the 'process' (Please do excuse my ignorance on these subjects, I've not really taken much notice until now)

Last edited by Flying_Sarah747; 4th Oct 2006 at 12:28.