PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EU Defence Strategy
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2006, 10:49
BellEndBob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roadster.

I was not advocating a pre-emptive strike on Islam. Sorry if that was the impression. I agree that the shock and awe approach is proving 'troublesome' but we could start by standing up for our own cultures. It seems OK for Muslims to parade their hate in London and other cities but if we complain we are racists and inciting hatred.

We should enforce our borders, welcome those who wish to live by our rules and customs and if not, allow them one of the main rights of a free society...TO LEAVE.

As to those who do us harm abroad. Target them and only them. Laying waste to Southern Lebanon and large swathes of Baghad is not big and is not clever.

Sadly, the Armed Forces of the UK are in terminal decline. We are not funded, resourced or supported. The leadership is weak, products of a bargain basement indoctrination in Business Practices and self interest. Our media has done its best to trash our reputation and the electorate has been conditioned to worship celebrity, not nationhood. The end result is that we will form a small part of a very grey, very ineffective European beauracracy staffed and run by Civil Servants, and directed by the whims of lightweight politicians.

That is why I say it will probably take an event of epic proportions, on home ground, to shake us out of our lethargy.