PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hijack in greece
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2006, 10:49
justawanab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by westhawk
... But it is preferable to the alternative of giving up the ship when it well may endanger yourself and so many others to such a high degree.
Ok, happy to be convinced. If that's the case, and it does make sense, without giving away any secrets how do you deal with this?

Do you automatically assume they're planning something along 9/11 lines or wait till that becomes more obvious before you act? Surely, until such time as there is that indication there's a risk that if you do take them on you are endangering not only your passengers but anyone who may be under you on the ground who may be otherwise in no danger if they are just trying a more traditional hijacking and you can get the plane down safely.

I'm not trying to nit pick or troll. I'm just trying to clarify this in my head. I can understand, if not fully appreciate, the incredible dilemma this must pose to anyone caught up in something like this, so I don't mean to trivialize it in any way. Sorry if it sounds like that.

[Edit: NSF has fairly concisely covered a lot of this. From what he has said you basically have to assume it's a 9/11 type situation from the start and act on that?]

Last edited by justawanab; 4th Oct 2006 at 10:56. Reason: Comments added while I was composing ...