PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Revised Bristol/Cardiff airspace/SIDs/STARs
Old 4th Oct 2006, 10:28
ATCOJ30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To address a few of the issues raised by recent respondents to my post(s):

I'm told that Jeppesen are issuing new SID charts on Oct 6 which highlight the "do not climb above alt. 6000 feet until instructed by ATC" warning box on the plate and makes clearer the pictorial climb requirements on the BADIM/WOTAN and BCN SID charts, following several potential level-busts where crews were climbing FL80 on the SID.

BF:sorry you think some of the chat is "inane". Haven't we had this conversation before about weather warnings? Maybe we shouldn't get involved with tasks such as re-negotiating slots, putting in delay messages etc in your interests? On that score, the BADIM SID looks quite convoluted to fly, especially as you're at max range to receive the HON VOR below 5000 feet, I'm told. Do you really want to go all the way to BADIM on the published SID or wouldn't you prefer the saving in track milegage/workoad/time with a simple radar heading as you start the right turn, especially if it means a direct south-side routeing towards CPT therafter? Just let me know if you'd like to continue all the way to BADIM next time...

Why the level-stop at FL100 before handing off to LACC? It's most often to ensure we hand you over "clean" against inbounds descending in to Bristol/Cardiff from POMAX/ABDAL (from the east) and from DOBEM (from the north), an essential part of the silent handover procedure. We sometimes try to get a higher level so you can continue the climb but this means another phone call and the whole idea is cut down on those so far as possible.

Yes, the back-track spacing is a pain, big-time, but the spacing we are applying is more generic than not and no one can legislate for the point at which landing aircraft will be able to turn and start the trek back down the runway. We also have a no-no on using taxiway D for B757 and A321s now.

9 mile final if you're number 1, BF? Sound pretty-much standard to me for an ILS intercept, especially as we're watching the C wind down (the airspace bases of 3500ft, then 2000 feet on the 27 approach limit us to clearing you to an altitude 500 feet above the base) and don't want you above the GS before you intercept the LLZ if we can help it. Problem with that?