PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates
Thread: Emirates
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2006, 08:00
OzyOS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got the call myself to begin medicals (phew!) and talk about speedy gonzalas...they want me there on the 20th of this month!

One thing I wanted to say to everyone else going for this position regarding your photographs, I know they are very important, but please dont think you have to spend lots of money to have them done professionally (not to be confussed with you needing to look professional in your shots with appropriate attire etc). But I have heard horrible stories of people spending so much money on their pictures thinking that if they dont spend X amount then they wont get the job, or having to re-do pictures (even after going to a professional and ending up spending hundreds). All EK are concerned with are that your pictures are clear to see (head and full length) and your grooming is acceptable for their requirements. My photos were done at home, (full lenght and head shot) with an ordinary camers on a blank white wall in my house...and these were fine.

But at the end of the day do what makes you feel comfortable, and if spending the money does that (and you have it) then go for it! But if you need to save some dosh (like I did) then your own pic's should be just as fine

Will keep posting on progress and best of luck to all applying/going through this anxious process!

Cheers