PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mid-air collision over Brasil
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2006, 21:54
jondc9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Aviators:

PLEASE HELP ME OUT.

I hope to further the cause of aviation safety, and any thoughts you might have on this collision over and above what has already been written might help me.

I am to be on Paula Zahn's CNN show wednesday evening to talk about this amazing event. In the typical way that modern television is done, I will be asked questions for half an hour and perhaps 2 seconds will be used on tv.

It is my hope to stir a proper debate to influence an improvement in air safety.

One question that might be asked is why the Legacy crew heard nothing according to the reporters article. The reporter might be on the show too.

I've considered this question, my initial response is that modern planes are insulted against sound from the outside. also, the air is much thinner and less able to transmit the sounds at the altitude involved. That the relative speeds of the planes were so high, there was little chance for the sound to register to a listener.

Any thoughts?

And are there any other thoughts that you as fellow aviation professionals might like expressed.

There are some on this forum who don't care for what I do. Fine. But this is your chance to have a fellow pilot speak about things that should interest you and you get some input at this forum.

regards

jon regas

perhaps 12 hours to comment, prior to my studio time, which is different than show time.