PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Query on Vulcan/Falklands War?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2006, 21:18
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SASless
Pont,
No way even Maggie would have used a Nuke on the Argie's....thus it would have been an attack with conventional weapons.
There was great pressure on both sides to negotiate a peace....and until Maggie had a snit fit....it could have been done without the bloodshed. There is nothing worse than a Lady scorned as they say.
SASLess,

I am not arguing whether you, with 20-20 hindsight of events 24 years ago, believe we would or we wouldn't, but may I remind you the it is not the policy of HMG to confirm or deny . . .

Essentially they blinked.

On the she would- she wouldn't arguement, the whole point about nuclear deterrence we might.

Now, 24 years later, you can ask the question again. If it happened again would he or wouldn't he. If you, sitting at Las Vegas, with your baseball cap and dark glasses, are absolutely positive that nuclear weapons would not be used, would you care to communicate same to your own nuclear triad?

No, thought not.

If you are not a member of the club dare you assume that club members would not use them?

How far up the arse of a nuclear weapon have you had your arm?

BTW, I was sitting immediately behind Euan Southby-Taylor when he got the message.