PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interview stuff
Thread: Interview stuff
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2006, 19:41
The Mixmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pilot Pete
It doesn't mean don't prepare though, it means find out what the selection is going to entail, the sort of questions being asked at interview and think about how you would deliver your experiences in a manner which will answer their questions in a positive light and show them your best. It is not always the best candidate on paper that gets the job offer; it can often be the best prepared candidate.....

PP
This is the point I was trying to make. Merely by preparing better model answers for a "tick this or that box" type question could get you the job over someone who would actually be better for the job. It seems that these days you can prepare for pretty much every answer at interview beforehand which, in my opinion, merits those who can memorise good answers rather than those who can think on their feet and provide relevant answers from genuine experience. I'm no HR expert, and I can't really provide any other alternatives (although chat with a chief pilot sound slike something that would work well), just sounding off about something that bugs me slightly!