PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VLA, Group A, Microlight, Permit to Fly, C of A, Sport etc...
Old 3rd Oct 2006, 17:55
tonyhalsall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike Cross
We must be doing it too well. Two and a half days is typical for us with three of us working on it. Compression check on the engine, oil and filter changes, a thorough strip out and clean, rocker covers off for a rocker pivot lug inspection, drop the lift struts for a spar inspection, spar carry through inspection, gascolator clean, contol wire and fuel pipe inspections, remove all fairings and inspection panels, go over it with a fine tooth comb and fettle anything that needs it. Timing check, remove all spark plugs, clean repaint and refit. Remove and clean wheel bearings, pack with new grease and reassemble. Check and adjust brakes. Engine ground run and airtest and do all the paperwork.
Mike
Strewth.........................................

I have to say that Eurostar first year Permit check took no more than an hour (OK two if you count taking off the inspection panels) plus the flight test. Taking into account messing around, cups of tea and tinkering I'd say half a day was about right.
I guess older aircraft with more complex engines would take longer though.