PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBE Sponsorship 2007
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2006, 16:17
dannyweaver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had an interesting call from Cabair the day after the tests... apparently they were looking for 19 to go through to the next stage (so there you go njptvr!) and I was just outside this. I was told that I got a good score, but not quite in those top few, so would I like to be placed in 'reserve', ready to take the place just in case someone else drops out!

Certainly would!

Bit of a blow and a bit annoying, but you never know... Its better than being rejected altogether.

I just hope that whoever got through instead of me deserved to, and that its not just a case of them being slightly better at maths than I am. In common with most of the rest of you, I've worked bloody hard towards achieving my life-long goal of becoming a commercial pilot and it annoys me when I go to these sponsorship things and talk to other people there who clearly don't really know all that much about aviation and aren't really that bothered about a career as a pilot. You must know the kind of people I mean, the ones that are just finishing uni, looking for a job and just fancy the sound of a flying career; or the ones that don't know the difference between an integrated and modular course; or the ones that are surprised when you tell them that BA don't do sponsorships any more.

If one of THEM got through - yeah, I know they'll get weeded out at the next tests or the interviews, but it means that the few of us that really want this sponsorship but just missed the top 19 in the tests don't get a look in.

Rant over...!

Fingers crossed that someone (one of the above) drops out and good luck to the rest of you that do deserve it!