PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mid-air collision over Brasil
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2006, 14:35
Johnbr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone,
Iīve been too busy flying these last few days,so I havenīt look at all posts here,just the few last ones.Anyways,flying jetliners in Brazil for the last 20 years,Iīd like to offer some comments on things Iīve just read here.First,someone said something regarding a "block altitude" between 370 and 390...NEVER heard or seen anything like that in this country,in fact,ATC here is very,very conservative when it comes to flight levels,sometimes generating even complaints from pilots flying at very different speeds requesting same levels(i.e. the airplane ahead faster requesting same FL).Sometimes we do have in that particular area some comm dificulties,but to my recollection,thereīs no radar gap or "blackout" in that airspace.Another point is,although i do not fly for GOL,I do know many of its pilots,for we have worked for the same airline in the past,and believe me,the operational discipline in the airline is very,very tight.Thereīs no doubt at all,that someone screwd up big time on this accident,but I guess we just have to wait for the result of the investigation,cuz quoting the media when aviation matters are concerned,at least in Brazil,itīs absolutely foolish.