PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wall Street Journal reports on BA 747 3 engine LAX-MAN flight
Old 3rd Oct 2006, 14:09
jondc9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice flaps and others:

it is very unlikely that my US based 747 friends will post on pprune. They have read the posts as forwarded by me and have come to the conclusion that posting here would be as effective as talking to a rock.

to SKY 9, you and the others always seem to refer to me as a CNN expert...why not by my certificates, which I imagine are similiar to yours? A simple question for you. Will you answer ?

I have also demanded an apology from DANNY and L337 as they question whether or not I am a real pilot. See post 88 on this thread and others on other threads. I have offered an unimpeachable source for my credentials/certicicates and Danny and L337 have been invited to disprove who I say I am or say they are sorry. I await their response within 4 days or automatically assume their most humble retraction.

In america, when something is so wrong, we, as a slang term just say: WRONG.

Wrong refering to the highest level of morality and not regulations, SOPs and policies and economic considerations.

Many times on this and other threads, pilots ( I guess they are pilots, no real proof) have indicated that they would prefer to fly a 744 vs 777. I offer this priority of planes:

1. fully functioning 744, 2. fully functioning 777, 3. crippled 744, 4. crippled 777, 5. "Spirit of ST. Louis"

If you would like an analysis of the FAA quote regarding an understanding with BA, fine.

When a media reports an FAA official speaking of reaching an understanding with BA and a change for operations in US airspace, the only way you can disprove that is to contact the FAA spokesperson and have him retract the statement. This post/thread, unlike the first thread which was on the actual incident, is based on the article leading off this post. Do you understand that?

Simply saying, "BA POLICIES HAVE NOT CHANGED" is like screaming, "YOUR MOM WEARS COMBAT BOOTS". or Neener, Neener, Neener!

In fact if BA polices have not changed, report it to the Times of London and ask them to get the FAA to coment on this, FOR THE RECORD. When the response is published, we can discuss it.

This has never been a US vs. UK thing, and to say it is, is a disservice to a fine friendship between 2 great nations. Shame on you.

I recall financial hardships by BA in recent years...in the US, money has become a guiding light to airlines, even changing safety and mx procedures leading to death. Witness Alaska MD80 crash due to poor lubrication of jackscrew.

The posters who defend the handling of the incident have spoken of redundency of 744, of regulations and SOPs and a myriad of others. Fine.

Their defense of this situation is as strong as Sec.State Rice's defense of the business in Iraq and WMD. And some people still believe we will find WMD in Iraq and it is all just fine. But people are waking up to that crock too.

I often find when people defend something with such passion, their views are tainted by motivated self interest. What interest have I but safety? and do not for a minute think it is a journalistic interest, I post on this forum primarily as a pilot, I acknowlege the journalistic portion as a disclaimer, as surely as the disclaimer posted on the bottom of pprune's forum.

over to you on the old RT

j