PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aeros sponsorship
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2006, 12:49
zim2uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aeros Sponsorship

Hey Everyone,

Just thought I would throw my 2 cents in, one of the previous posts was slightly inaccurate.

I started the aeros sponsorship scheme in 2003 and completed it at the beginning of this year. If I had my time again I would definately go for it again, a thoroughly worthwhile sponsorship. I left at the end of March with just short of 1000 hours and an airline job arranged through the company with one of the major regional airlines.

It is incredibly hard work and not everyones cup of tea, however for me it really paid dividends. The pay is about £400 a month which is obviously not a great deal, however most applicants have found a way to get by and not get into debt. The hours are long and the work quite demanding but the guys you work with are really top class and will help you out whenever they can. You are pretty much left to your own devices on the desk, no one tells you what to do, they just expect you to use your own initiative and get it done.

With regard to the previous comment about customer flying coming first, although officially this is true, not once was my flying affected. Courses such as the CPL and IR, once booked do not change. They do keep to their word.

A few points to consider for those thinking of applying:

1. There is no bond, you are free to leave at any time
2. From zero to fATPL is 3 years, 1.5 years longer than if you paid for it yourself but..
3. No debt
4. High quality training, Aeros has one of the best reputations in the country

I hope some of this info helps, but if anyone would like any more please feel free to pm me.

Best of luck to those who apply.