PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leadership / teamwork exercises
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2006, 11:52
Swingwing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leadership / teamwork exercises

Hi All,
As we all know, the medical world is finally picking up on some of this CRM/ human factors stuff we've been banging on about in aviation for years. Having taught a few courses in my time, I've been asked to deliver some training to a bunch of medical people, focusing on leadership and teamwork (and then possibly leading into the broader human factors / CRM concepts at a later date).
The first part of it should be pretty easy - they want it "you know, exciting and upbeat" (apparently it's a boring all-day conference, and this is a distraction for them). So, I'll rev 'em up with a bit of video footage of me with my helmet on roaring around Red Flag at Nellis, , or maybe some piccies of the Blue Angels, and then a bit of gumph about "Plan - Brief - Execute - Debrief" or some such fighter / aviation-ish model.
The difficult bit is that I will need to give them some sort of leadership / team building exercise for the breakout session. I'd like to continue the aviation theme, but although they're an educated and technical audience, they aren't pilots, so I can't just give them one of the standard CRM exercises - can I? Conversely, the reason they've asked me is that they're sick of the usual corporate training providers and their "radioactive pond" scenarios that are the usual leadership workshop fare, so that's no good either.
I'm thinking I'll have to design something from scratch - but before I do, does anyone have any suggestions, ie:
* Good exercises you've been given on courses; or
* Useful websites (I've perused the ones in the sticky with no great success to date)
Any and all suggestions gratefully received, thanks!
SW