PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - prime
Thread: prime
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2001, 15:57
euroboy

"This woman" was probably recruited because she was good, and has experience.
The new CSM has lots of experience in both charter and schedule operations, been an AOC holder for at least 2 other airlines.
Her experience is mainly on charter work and adhoc charter is very little difference.
With all due respect as you notch up the years one tends to find most aircraft fairly simliar to another. And the new CSM has many years of experience on wide body jets. The A300 will be another type on her belt.

In the same breath I can not help notice that some peoples lack of experience is showing through, and have no idea of what are the correct procedures in training, and general information regarding management in an airline.
What you guys have to realise is that the airline you once worked for is dead and gone, and trying to rebuild that company in this new airline does not work. Also, believe it or not, however hard it is for you, and I really find this difficult to say BUT. The airline can continue without you. No company I have ever worked for went out of business because I left it. (And I`m bloody wonderful as well ) In this present climite the employer can call the shots. Just look at your Irish low cost airline back in DUB.
All airlines are having difficulties. You have the likes of Swissair, Sabena gone. Even the likes of BA-once in BA you`re safe is no longer true.
The new CSM has been crew orientated in other airlines, and no doubt she will be in Prime. She will be willing to help you, guide you and she is worth listening, watching and learning from. Its unfortuate, that these time have been difficult for everyone, but please stop showing your bittereness because the NEW CABIN CREW MANAGER does know what she is doing and how to do it.

[ 18 December 2001: Message edited by: euroboy ]