PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wall Street Journal reports on BA 747 3 engine LAX-MAN flight
Old 3rd Oct 2006, 11:01
Nice flaps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are missing the point, jondc9, and you are also assuming that I endorse all the decisions made that day.
People here are not condemning you for having a critical view of the flight crew, but for that opinion having absolutely no foundation. You have provided no credible data to back up your conclusion, which appears to be based on nothing other than your own ego.

Freedom of speech is wholeheartedly encouraged on 'our side of the pond' as it is here on Pprune. We are open and receptive to well presented thoughts and opinions no matter which side of the pond, or indeed part of the world, they emanate from. As professional pilots though, the least one would expect is for views expressed to be backed up with something of substance.
With your overwhelming credentials and experience I would expect you to be able to produce a superior and more convincing argument than 'they were wrong.'

'My perception' is that your 'us v them' America is best attitude is an embarrassment to your more enlightened and balanced peers. You are exactly the sort of individual that wrongly gives America a reputation for being arrogant and disdainful within the global community. The thing I fear, as you point out, is that people will form perceptions of American professionals based on your posts and I believe you to be doing them a great dissevice.

You genuinely seem to believe that all 747 pilots in the UK believe they did the right thing and that all 747 pilots in the US believe they did the wrong thing. Incredible.
Your friends opinions would be welcomed here. They are in an infinitely stronger position than you to pass judgement. Their opinions would likely be based on actual concrete evidence, therefore respected and well-received whatever their conclusions may be.

you should hear what pilots on this side of the pond think of the choices made on that day
Yes, I'm sure it would make the BA crew realise the error of their infidel ways.