PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast- Nuts Corner?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2006, 10:52
Darth_Bovine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<Snip from a private message- thought it might be useful to post the info in the public forum>

Hi piston,

All these details are from the website:
http://www.ulsterflyingclub.com/.

As I'm a member, I don't pay landing fees/parking directly, so I hope these are up to date. Website also has info on getting there by air. It's very straight forward and difficult to miss (airfield is on the coast directly to the north of a long body of water!)

Landing fee is £10
Over Night parking is £5 outside and £10 hangared. I'd phone to confirm availablity of hangared parking.
Avgas: £1.22 per litre. (according to the website).

If you're doing a lot of runs in and out maybe you could negotiate a landing fee deal/or some sort of limited membership??

Customs: you'll need to file a GAR for outbound and return trip (24 hours in advance IIRC). Also think you'll need to file flight plans. These are fairly straight forward..... PPR for airfield shouldn't be a problem. Just phone them up to let them know just before you leave.

The phone number is: 028 91813327
They're a nice bunch and should be able to sort you out.

Anything else I've missed? It's a really nice club. Unfortunately no eatery on the airfield at the minute as the old restaurant was burned down (along with our old club house). All has been rebuilt, but we haven't found someone to let out the other space (where a restaurant could go). Not a big problem as it's within walking distance of Newtownards town and lots of places to eat.

Cheers,
DB.