PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar
Thread: Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2006, 08:40
tzenin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clearing Up A Few Things

OK, so it's time to clear up the rumours. I have accepted a position with JQI starting on 1/11 and am sick of hearing about all these rumours that are just not clear. I may be new to flying but know that there are many worse conditions out there and really don't know of many people that don't complain about their conditions so it is a decision you need to make for yourself, to see if it suits you and not to listen to the likes of Leane7 and others who don't give valid reasons as to why you shouldn't work for JQ or those in QF that are scared about this working well and their own conditions changing in coming years.

So for all that are still interested and are as excited about this new airline as I am here is a little bit about what I have received:

There are 8 days off per roster period (28 days) in your home base, none of these will be OS. There will be some slip days os (mainly for the Mel crew). And there are a few standby days. You will not be on standby on your days off however can elect to work to get more hours. If you have to work on your days off for any reason you are given a substitute day off. You can be contacted on a day off however nothing says that you have to be available.

There is no shared accomondation.

As far as I can tell there will be about a 50/50 mix of Thai and Aussie crew during startup.

Rest periods are dependent on your duty hours ie 0-14 - 12hrs planned rest, 14-17 - =duty hours planned rest, 17-24 - 20 hours planned rest

Airport Standby - all elapsed hours spent on stand-bu prior to the allocation of a flying duty will be credited towards the roster period hours total but not to the duty hour limitations.

Oh there are like a billion other rumours floating around and seriously people should stop taking it as gospel and find out the answers for themselves and that does not mean from current JQ Domestic employees as half of them have it wrong too!