PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AusFIC - Could THIS be the beginning of the demise of???
Old 3rd Oct 2006, 00:51
Ex FSO GRIFFO

Received 56 Likes on 24 Posts
Hey 'Tonka'........
I do believe I called it as 'BAD MANAGEMENT'........did I not??
I fully realise it is NOT the 'Troops' who are pushing this so called 'efficiency'...
HENCE MY POST!!!!!!

As I see it from the 'outside', the only efficiencies to be gained are to delete the 'jobs for the boys' middle management, to the actual number required to run the show - and for them to be located at the 'coalface', AND hold ratings so as to 'fill in' 'as required' from time to time - NOT to be located remotely somewhere half way between SY & ML - commensurate with the actual number of admin staff to handle the actual admin, and leave the separation / training to the boys and girls who actually do the job!

Further, I feel that the only way this situation could be achieved, is by the INDUSTRY supporting / lobbying for this EFFICIENCY - after all, it IS in THEIR BEST interests and they are the PAYing customers....the FED GOVT being the 'major stakeholder' couldn't care less - we see THAT - and, the 'shinies' are not really going to do the 'right thing'...are they??

So, it all boils down to THE INDUSTRY who provides the FUNDING - do YOU want an efficient ATC / FIS 'system' or not??

Further thoughts???

Last edited by Ex FSO GRIFFO; 3rd Oct 2006 at 01:26.