PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wall Street Journal reports on BA 747 3 engine LAX-MAN flight
Old 2nd Oct 2006, 23:21
Nice flaps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jondc9

In America, I think you would be called a "company man".
It follows then that this would be your opinion of the gentlemen up front that day. In most corners of the planet earth, the flight crew under scrutiny here would be called 'experienced pilots making balanced judgements based on all the information available to them.'
Other true professionals would be loath to criticise them without having an in-depth knowledge of the circumstances, which includes a sound appreciation of the aircraft's capabilities and procedures.

You, on the other hand, may be referred to as a 'misguided, supercilious commentator, applying twin logic to 4 engine operations.'
It does not matter what information or logic was presented to you, I am sure that you would not change your opinion in this instance. There is a rather disturbing God-like tone in the vast majority of your posts. For that reason I would feel very uneasy about flying with you. If we believe that we have stopped learning, that is the point at which we become a liability in my very humble European opinion.

You would be well served to take L337's wages and put yourself through a 747-400 course. Hell, we could all chip in. It might open your eyes, but then again probably not. Your vision is distorted not because your eyes are closed but because you wear the blinkers of arrogance and a closed mind. Your unsubstantiated, egotistical drivel is a disservice to the rightly respected pilot community in America. I am sure that they view you with a similar level of contempt as we do.

And I promised myself I wouldn't bother.....