PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots who went on strike let go by PHI
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2006, 21:59
industry insider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From GLS Night Pilot

"Now that Sikorsky pilots are flying as scabs, I will never again say anything good about Sikorsky, Sikorsky aircraft, Sikorsky pilots, or anyone who flies, or has ever flown, for Sikorsky. I hope there is a special place in hell for Pino, who sent them down. I also hope anyone considering the purchase of new equipment will look elsewhere, or suggest their employers look elsewhere."

GLS

Your extreme anger is quite apparent and to some extent understandable. The products made by Sikorsky have flown many military and civilian hours as well as having saved many lives. Many pilots on this forum would not agree with you about Sikorsky products.

From your viewpoint, it is unfortunate that some pilots, including some who are not direct PHI employees have crossed lines to keep some flights operating. However, to consign the Sikorsky President to hell and to trash their products purely because they have engaged in actions with which you disagree is not a structured or cogent argument. Just because you perceive that Sikorsly supports PHI does not overnight change the fabric or continuity of their products.

In fact, it could be interpreted as an act of desparation and lead people to the conclusion that the company's refusal to give in to union demands is causing considerable duress. I am sure that the striking union members would like to maintain a just and reasoned argument in order to ensure continued support from many fellow pilots on this forum.