PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM AIRPORT - 3
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2006, 21:06
brian_dromey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pug
I can understand BMI pulling out though, it cant be cheap running that service ......flights to the regions, from an already overcrouded airport, arent on top of anyones list
If bmi cant make money on the LHR service there is something seriously wrong. Any fool can make money in LHR, It is the most pestigious, most sought after airport for any flag carrier. I just dont buy that domestic service is unprofitable, hubs like LHR exist to feed traffic from smaller destinations to larger ones. Perhaps the BAA should look at awarding slots for endangered/underserved services within the UK? like at some airports in the US. Or at least make BA & bmi's international slots a function of their non-trunk domestic ones.

Perhaps if bmi seperated itself a little more from WW and offered a clear and simple product which offers good value they eould be better off, as at the moment its just bloody confusing.

On the WW front, what the hell is gong on....I know some loads were a bit poor, but I would ave thought that there was more than enough work for one a/c? I think there must be serious trouble brewing at WW. They clearly havent got a clue. MME was a nice safe haven from FR,etc but they'll prob put the 73's into LPL!!!