PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Abusive pax
Thread: Abusive pax
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2006, 20:48
perkin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all your supportive messages, I appreciate hearing the opinions of some professional flyers too...Yes they were indeed British, no they were not chavs/neds - they were people similar to myself travelling home for a weekend from work. In the last 2 years of 'commuting' I've found that so called professional people are by far the worst offenders on all counts (ignorning instructions from CC, taking the p!ss out of hand luggage restrictions and so on) than an excited bunch of lads/ladies off to AMS for a stag/hen weekend etc...This has gladly been the exception, its the first time in almost 2 years of doing AMS to MAN/LHR/LGW roughly fortnightly, that I've been irritated enough by someone to ask them to stop what they're doing. The call button may well get pressed next time...I'd quite fancy a jump seat next to a nice hostie too...maybe I should've thought about that one first!!

On my way back to AMS today, I had a chat to the airline customer service desk, who took details of the incident and asked me to write to the customer service department who will decide if they wish to take further action - possibilites ranged from placing a note on the customers file in case of further complaints, to the extreme of banning them outright. I must say I had some trepidation at voicing my complaints, but the airline staff were most helpful, understanding and supportive and in no way did I feel like I was just a good old British moaner. Good on you Jet2, letter winging its way to you shortly!