PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 3
Thread: Ryanair - 3
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2006, 20:33
shannon55

Oh well then...there you have it! Ya i can definitely see EMA as part of this expansion

Besides maybe Porto, I wonder what other bases Ryanair will open over the Winter season??? I think the north-east of England is in with a shout. If you look at Ryanair's destination map, their nearest bases to the people of North-East England are Liverpool/EMA to the south and Prestwick to the north.....somehow i cant see any Geordies or the like trekking that far when they have easyjet and Jet2 on their doorstep @ Newcastle!

So what I was thinking was, with BMI baby after fleeing Durham Tees, the management of that Airport have been left with a gi-normous gap in their schedule and are losing goodwill and passengers to the nearbuy Newcastle airport. This, therefore would be a perfect oppertunity for them to offer Ryanair a good deal on landing charges and so on because any drop in charges they experience will be more then offset by the large amount of passengers that would be flowing through the airport.

Ryanair, however, have the oppertunity to grab a large slice of the nth-east market. I'm aware that they currrently serve more routes to NEW then MME but things may change!
These are the routes I was thinking of.....:

Rome-Ciampino
Stansted
Marseille
Carcassonne
Porto
Treviso
Seville
Valencia
Any other suggestions????

Last edited by shannon55; 2nd Oct 2006 at 21:43.