PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL conversion from EFT
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2006, 19:22
PPRuNeUser0172

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Neilmac

Interesting sentiments there old bean

EFT fine I can cope with but these t**ts who fly for UAS and then leave who have then got hours towards PPL.
Errrm the UAS used to/teaches??? EFT so how can you not have a problem with EFT accreditation but yet have a problem with the UAS system providing it. As I am sure is the case, EFT accreditation will die a death with no studes getting anywhere near enough experience henceforth, however there are enough guys still around who benefitted from EFT on the UAS and will, quite rightly IMHO be able to obtain a PPL relatively simply/cheaply.

It is or certainly was a competitive issue getting onto a UAS, even more so staying on it in a flying capacity for the required amount of time to walk away with EFT in the bag.

Somebody like me ground trade pays the full whack to fly!!!!!!!!!!!...............grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
.....and quite rightly so

Detect a strong whiff of sour grapes there me old. :

HE77
with regards to getting a PPL when you have your 'wings', I beg to differ. I think the term they use is Qualified Service Pilot (QSP) which is more than just your 'wings', after all they are only on loan to you 'til you are CR. (may vary depending on role) At ther very least I think you need to have completed an OCU course before the CAA considers you worthy of a mighty PPL............cue BEagle as this may well be complete bolleaux.