PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Interviews
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2001, 22:34
doohan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emphasise

Cabin Boy, i wore a green suite to my QF interviews back in 99 and 2001.
Also... being superstitious as i am for interviews, particularly with Airlines, i wore my favourite Tie to all 3 stages!

Hehe, not sure whether that will help!

Cloud Nine, why thank you for your kind words.

Words of advice for you my dear...

1. Dress beautifully... professionally, so you stand out!
2. Be early!!
3. If you get a chance, mingle with a few of the other applicants.
4. be polite, genuine... and don't talk to much, little is fine, if your in a group session.
5. I am not to sure if this would apply with Virgin interviews, but it certainly has helped me with QF and Ansett.
If given the opportunity to introduce yourself to your group. Don’t just tell them the great things you did, (like I was responsible for the looking after Olympic family during the Olympics, or i worked on the QE2). Instead... use examples like, i use to be a cleaner... kitchen steward. Things allot of people don't want to do, or feel that it might be a disadvantage to say in an interview.
6. Be yourself as I have already mentioned!!
7. Smile Smile Smile, i cannot Emphasise that enough! (if you need assistance, think of Cabin boys post) LOL!
8. One of the most important things to do is... ENJOY YOURSELF!!!!!

It’s not the end of the world, or you’re getting to old! Heck... i am 30 and damn if i am ever gonna give up on the career i love so much!

Hey... my darling sisters are there... why can’t i get in!!!

I hear Qantas are gonna recruit soon, so if you don't get through.... one door closes and the other opens!

I am already preparing myself!!!

Anyway... as far as i am concerned, you are already successful in my books!!

Take care all and good luck!!

P.S. Cloud Nine, yes i am single!