PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Again about HAI and J1 visa
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2006, 13:55
nibbio86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Again about HAI and J1 visa

I'm a 20 years-old italian wannabe, and I'm very seriously intent upon achieving a JAA CPL(H). At the moment I'm a microlight pilot, so I've got a little flight experience. I've visited several Flight Training Organizations here in Italy and I had a trial flight, but there are basically two problems that are common to all european schools: cost and scarce job opportunity for low tyme pilots.
So, I am going to see with my eyes the famous Helicopter Adventures at the end of the year, and before that I'd like some answer to few of my numerous questions:
1)Regard the professional course FAA CPL+CFI, on the website of HAI there's a costs breakdown of about 41,000 USD for 150 flight hours and other expences (exluded accomodation): are these actual or I have to expect much more time-cost?
2) Once I'm graduated as a CFI with 150 hours logged, will I find a school that hires me to teach on the S300 in a reasonable time (using the J1 visa option)?
3)Is the course duration of about six months or is it longer?
4)As a CFI will I be able to build up the famous 1,000 hrs before visa expiration?
5) Is the average pay of a CFI sufficient to cover living expences (accomodation in a shared appartment, food etc.)?
6) How much money am I spending per month while I'm attending the school?
7) Is the FAA-JAA conversion easy as I've read about (theory+check-ride)
8) Once in Europe with my JAA commercial ticket and (presumably) 1,000 hours on my logbook, will I be hirable or I'll have to do (and pay for it) IR and/or a type rating?
Thanks a lot to anyone who will answer me. At the moment I'm working to save as much money as possible before beginning my training, in addition to the loan I've got asked for. It's a big sacrifice for me and my parents, since we are not so rich to pay an IR+TR in Europe.
Cheers

Nibbio86