PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CS vs. Mil Pay
Thread: CS vs. Mil Pay
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2006, 12:00
BellEndBob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moved from Wounded Para thread:

Slightly off thread but to highlight Beagles point about the state of the Armed Forces.

I have an Army mate who has just arrived in the sand to do 6 months in a Staff type post. He is in charge of 12 civilians who are engaged in the 'infrastructure' side of life. Due to the nature of the work he has, for the first time in his career, been assigned his own personal clerk. A Civil Servant from the lower grades. This young chap is on £350.00 per day, TAX FREE, plus amassing loads of time off when he returns.

I think the time has come for our leadership to stand and be counted. This lad, and good luck to him, has a powerful Union/Lobby behind him, hence his package. We, on the other hand, are still suffering from the Grin and Bear it days of yore. Enough is enough.

In a cost cutting measure, my mate says thay have hired Bangladeshi's to do the catering. As these people do not know the difference between a p!ss pot and a washing up pot (and yes, I speak from experience so put your PC swords away), said friend has had the runs for just over a week now, along with a lot of others.

Finally, the man in charge of the Army says they are coping. My mate is in the RA. He got snaffled for this desk job because, see if you can guess, yep, noone else available.