PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Revised Bristol/Cardiff airspace/SIDs/STARs
Old 2nd Oct 2006, 09:47
Baron buzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,

I personally think that the SIDS at BRS are very good -although since we fly turboprops a couple of them are tricky to cross check raw data, but thats not too much of a problem. The best thing about it (Im based at BRS) is that it reduces the 'continue straight ahead until advised' call that just about every aircraft used to get from the tower. Given that at BRS the tower frequency issues clearances, taxi instructions, servisair moaning , and everything else a tower does, it really does help when you want to get a call in. By the way when is BRS going to get a ground frequency - its so busy there in the mornings these days.

As for the STARS - only been issed with one about twice. As someone else said - its usually a radar heading from RILES, or direct the BRI. Never here anything about DOBEM or whatever the others are called up over Wales!

Also - has anyone actually SEEN any workers on the taxiway GOLF since it has been closed??? Not me!

Cheers BRS ATC. Its a pleasure talking to you. Its just SERVISAIR that me off when flying into there.

Cheers,