PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Interviews
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2001, 11:07
cabinboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Smile and fellow ppruners,

Yes I am with QF but only on the ground taking phone reservations. I applied thinking that it may be a foot in the door and a chance to learn a lot more about the industry. Unfortunetly 16 months later it becomes clearer every day that I am transferring no where! I am honestly stuck, and in hindsight I feel as though I may have had a better chance with VB if I didn't have Qantas as a employer beside my name - maybe VB think that I think I am " holier than thou ".......I can tell you I do not think that and get upset at the thought of being stereotyped.

I know I am lucky to even have a job but sitting down for 8 hours a day wasn't the plan, running around madly serving coffee/tea to varied passengers with 3am starts was the plan ! I am 22yrs old and have the food&bev and face to face experience as well as the young funky virgin look, I also have an understanding for the virgin culture and what they are about..

Maybe some VB staff could offer some advice as to what they DO look for, instead of specualtion which is currently being offered on this topic.

Cabinboy
P.S - Smile, perhaps you and I can streek naked through the Virgin head office to get their attention or something If you are game then I am ...email me !!