PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American Pilots in UK/EU
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2006, 08:20
nicholasblonde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
too bad we can't start a "multi-country cooperation" programme wherby we could all swap spouses, sisters, and divorced mothers--not in reality, but on paper--and solve our respective work permitting problems. sometimes individuals post shady advertisements for such things on craigslist sites in the EU and US.

I for one knew a Slovenian girl in the US who offered an American pilot marriage in return for the automatic spousal level flight benefits. He would in turn learn Slovenian and acquire, eventually, an EU passport. All it would have took (in the U.S.) was a quick trip to a city government office and a $15 marriage license fee. The U.S. also has very widely used pre-nuptial contracts (available online, in fact)...so you could essentially outline the terms of separation in advance to make sure she doesn't get your money.

Seriously...American girls (especially in the Midwest) will marry a strapping Brit in a millisecond.

I'll trade my American-born sister (citizen) for your Brit-born sister!!! She studies all the time at University anyways. Perhaps we could pull it off without the sister's ever knowing.